Tuesday, June 06, 2006

St. Catherine of Alexandria

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I was touched by my very own St. Catherine (the patron saint of libraries) today...though mine is far cooler than the original (I mean no disrespect, I'm just partial to mine). I retrieved the mail this afternoon and to my delight, there was a padded envelope contianing a much anticipated book. MOH was kind enough to send me some new reading material. I am stoked! Can't wait to begin reading.


It appears that we are starting a book trade of sorts. It's like a mail-in library. From what I've seen, MOH has a better selection of books than my local library, so I think I got the good end of this deal! :-)

This evening, I finished Do I Come Here Often? and I'm most of the way through No Place Like Home. I started it on the plane ride back from Tennessee. Don't mock, there aren't a lot of literary choices at the Nashville airport...I picked something more substantial than the trashy romance novels with Fabio on the cover.

Also in my mailbox today was a cd I couldn't wait to get my hands on. Niccola introduced me to their music a few weeks ago, and I must say: I am hooked. I enjoy the tracks, the lyrics and the general sound. Here's how the members of Fredalba describe themselves:
"An artist that knows no boundaries or borders is free to create and expand a genre. So many styles, like musical miles, this is the fever that brought Fredalba together to create our own musical climate. Nourished by Los Angeles, a city whose landscapes are as wide and varied as her cultures, the soul of Fredalba is an amalgamation of this diversity. The underground to the new sound: not a hybrid of styles and ideas colliding, but a marriage of influences where the lines cease to exist." -- "Possibility Through Positivity"
Go listen for yourselves...I am currently enjoying the music and the literary works...Though I really ought to be sleeping...tomorrow will be a long day. On the upside it culminates with a dinner with friends. Yay. Hope ya'll have enough light in your day.

ps...Happy Birthday sissy! Today is Roxy's 27th birthday. Love you!!