Friday, May 26, 2006

Soundtrack of my Life



Ok so I know I haven't been writing much of anything intensely personal or heartfelt recently. I will get back to that...but for now, here's what I've been listening to...in question form. There is no tag here, though if anyone else wanted to share their own music choices, that would be cool. I might even learn something...Ms. Judy did this one and as a result of her answers I found the artist of a song that I can never seem to remember. (It's Edie Brickell by the way)

soundtrack - oh, sure, why not?
Body: 1-Put your music player on shuffle.
2-Press forward for each question.
3-Use some of the song lyrics as the answer to the question.
No cheating!


How am I feeling today?:
Everyday - Toby Lightman
Everything is a struggle between what I want to say and what I should keep to myself...I'll see better when the smoke clears inside my head and I'll listen when the screaming doesn't repeat everything I've said. All that remains is me and who I am at the end of the day.

Will I get far in life?:
Kerosene - Miranda Lambert
I gave it everything I had and everything I got was bad. Life ain't hard but it's too long to live it like a country song

How do my friends see me?:
Bad Day - Daniel Powter
You tell me your blue sky's faded to gray,
you say your passion's gone away
and I don't need no carrying on

Where will I get married?:
Carry on Wayward Son - Kansas
On a stormy sea of moving emotion
Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean
I set a course for winds of fortune

What is my best friend's theme song?:
Here is Gone - Goo Goo Dolls
And I want to get free, talk to me
I can feel you fallin'
I know it's out there, I know it's out there
And I can feel you fallin'

What is the story of my life?:
Cherish the Day - Sade
i cherish the day
i won't go astray
i won't be afraid
you won't catch me running

What was highschool like?:
Baby Got Back - Sir Mix-a-Lot
Yeah baby
When it comes to females
Cosmo ain't got nothin to do with my selection
36-24-36, ha ha
Only if she's 5'3"
So your girlfriend rolls a Honda
Playin workout tapes by Fonda
But Fonda ain't got a motor in the back of her Honda
My anaconda don't want none unless you've got buns hun

How am I going to get ahead in life?:
I Know Why - Sheryl Crow
Tell me why the road keeps turning
When everything you want is straight ahead
And every thing I thought worth learning
Is forgotten when I see your face instead

What is the best thing about me?:
Pony - Kasey Chambers
When I grow up I wanna pony
When I grow up I wanna baby
When I grow up I wanna cowboy
When I grow up I'll be a lady

How is today going to be?:
Waste My Time - Blu Cantrell
Why do I waste me time you,(why waste my time)
giving you the loving that you don't deserve
and if I had the chance to think it through
I probably wouldn't waste my time on you

What is in store for this weekend?:
High Lonesome - Jedd Hughes
It's been forever since I've seen you
The grass still isn't any greener
On the other side
Someone told me live and learn
Play with fire and you'll get burned
And i did, now, I'm payin the price

What song describes my parents?:
Volvo Driving Soccer Mom - Everclear
I think that they moved out to the suburbs
And now they're blonde, bland, middle-class Republican wives
They've got blonde, bland, middle-class Republican children
Blonde, bland, middle-class Republican lives

My grandparents?:
Charmed Life - Mike Ness
And I say, "Even in the worst of times
against all odds,
I seem to have led a charmed life."

How is my life going?:
The Good Kind - The Wreckers
You forced me to become strong
When I just craved being weak
Yeah,yeah
And you think you know
And I would like to think so...
I'm tired of hiding behind these blind eyes
I'm tired of this smile that even I don't recognize

What song will play at my funeral?:
Boondocks - Little Big Town
It's where I learned about livin
It's where I learned about love
It's where I learned about workin hard
And havin a little was just enough
It's where I learned about Jesus
And knowin where I stand
You can take it or leave it
This is me, this is who I am

How does the world see me?:
Never Saw Blue - Hayley Westenra
Some things are the way they are
And words just cant explain...
And it feels like now
And it feels always and it feels like coming home

Will I have a happy life?:
So Blu - Blu Cantrell
Trying to find someone that loves me more than their bling bling
Trying to be a wife
Trying to make a life
Trying to get in touch with my spirtual side
Trying to have your back
Trying to help you stack
Trying to be your strength when you know you lack
Lord, I need a change
Lord, tell me you feel my pain

What do my friends really think of me?:
Spin - Lifehouse
And when the world keeps spinning round
My worlds upside down
and I wouldn't change a thing
I've got nothing else to lose
I lost it all when I found
you and I wouldn't change a thing

Do people secretly lust after me?:
Walking Away - Craig David
Sometimes some people get me wrong,
when it's something I've said or done
Sometimes you feel there is no fun,
that's why you turn and run
But now I truly realize,
some people don't want to compromise

How can I make myself happy?:
Luxury Liner - Jedd Hughes
If I don't find my baby now
I guess I never will
I've been a long lost soul
For a long, long time
Yeah Ive been around
Everybody ought to know whats on my mind
You think I'm lonesome, so do I

What should I do with my life?:
Let Go - Barlow Girl
Cuz Im about to let go
and live what I believe
I cant do a thing now
But trust that youll catch me
Cuz Im about to let go
and live what I believe
I cant do a thing now
But trust that youll catch me
When I let go

Will I ever have children?:
Stupid Girls - Pink
I'm so glad that I'll never fit in
That will never be me
Outcasts and girls with ambition
That's what I wanna see

What is some good advice for me?:
Lot of Leavin' Left to Do - Dierks Bentley
Girl, you look like you might be an angel,
So I wont lie.
I could love you like the devil if you wanted me to tonight,
And we could talk about forever for a day or two,
But I still got a lot of leavin left to do.

What is my signature dancing song?:
Lose This Life - Tait
Lost, so lost
Somewhere in the dead of night
Drifting like a satellite
Spinnin' out of control
But love, Your love
Is stronger than gravity
And it's pullin at the heart of me
And I'm giving in

What do I think my current theme song is?
Black Horse and a Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
well my heart knows me better than i know myself
so i'm gonna let it do all the talking.
(woo-hoo,woo-hoo)
I came across a place in the middle of nowhere
with a big black horse and a cherry tree.
(woo-hoo,woo-hoo)

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?:
Dust in the Wind - Kansas
Now, don't hang on;
Nothing lasts forever
But the earth and sky;
It slips away,
And all your money
Won't another minute buy.

What type of men/women do you like?:
Leave it Inside - Toby Lightman
I see no need to go through the same situation
Always so complicated with these relations so I got to get away
Knowing that my heart will stray
Handling more than I can
Why the same old story again


Posted by Picasa