Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I'm here

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's been weeks since I last posted...that's never happened before and hopefully won't happen again. My life has turned upside down and righted itself more times than I can count. There are several reasons for my absence and while there are some things I won't talk about here; I can at least give ya'll a decent update.

Work is good. It's stressful but easier than where I was before. The pay is better too which makes dragging my ass out of bed at 5:30 each morning slightly more bearable. I've been putting in some extra time there just trying to get caught up from the people before me who didn't do the job properly. No big deal...I'm used to streamlining new jobs.

My computer access has changed drastically from where it used to be...I'm rarely even on at home now. It seems that when I'm there everyone demands my attention and I don't hardly get five uninterrupted minutes online. And as for phones...well after being on one for 8 hours straight, I have little desire to use one when I get home...

My life is going well too...better than it has in a long time. Last time I posted, I alluded to there being a cute boy in the picture...he is fantastic. I haven't been this happy in years. Cute Boy as Grace and G call him is really good for me. We have become those people that I usually make fun of. We are ridiculously sappy and adorable and at times, downright pathetic...and I'm loving every minute of it.

He treats me like a princess and wants to slay my dragons...but unlike the others, he's not intimidated by the fact that I can wield a sword pretty skillfully on my own. He's a real live grown-up and that is an incredibly nice change. We get along with each other's friends and everything is going well. There are hurdles and obstacles to negotiate, but so far we've done a good job of tackling them as a team.

It's really nice to finally find a man who knows who he is and isn't afraid to communicate with me. He's even strong enough to stand up to me....I haven't found a whole lot of those. My good friend Niccola has always said that she hopes to find an Innocent Man in the Billy Joel sense of the term. I wasn't fully convinced that they even existed outside the song...but I think I found one. Cute boy really is all of the things I've searched for...I'm still trying to figure out why he's so taken with me. hehe.

On the downside of all this light, MOH has had the lionshare of darkness and that saddens me deeply. As in all things, there is balance to everything and we share the good and bad the same. MOH, any and all light I have, you are welcome to...not that you need to be told, but sometimes it's good to be reminded.

Thank you to everyone who emailed, called, commented, texted, sent smoke signals to get my attention and make sure I am still alive and kicking. Ya'll are wonderful and I know I am blessed. Thanks again.