Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Time to Remember

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Today is the three year anniversary of the death of Spc. Michael G. Mihalakis. He was a member of Clark's unit in Iraq. Michael died of injuries sustained in a non-combat vehicle accident at the Baghdad International Airport on December 26, 2003.

In some ways it seems difficult to believe that three whole years have passed...in others it seems as if it was an entire lifetime ago. I think that too many of us have lost a personal connection to this war and to the soldiers still fighting it. I know that personally, I would have completely lost touch with the day to day events of the war if it weren't for MOH and the men in uniform I work with.

However, even with the craziness and stress of everyday life, it's still important to remember those who gave their all. So, to Michael's family: Thank you. While my words can never replace what you lost, know that you have my gratitude. I know that nothing can bring your son back; but he will always be remembered.

Labels: