Sunday, May 06, 2007

Rest for the Weary

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I hope everyone survived "Drinko de Mayo" intact. I didn't actually celebrate anything this year; I just laid low and it was kinda nice. It's the first time I haven't had to tend bar on the fifth in several years.

It's nice to be back in the swing of things at work, but as I am taking on more responsiblity again, I am back to working on the weekends. It's beautiful outside today; I'm at my friend and coworker's house (staying with her son for a few days so she could attend a training) and I am working. Well, obviously at this minute I'm not working...but I have been and I will be again in a moment. I'm trying to prepare for the Pandemic Influenza TableTop Exercise that I'm putting on for the Department of Corrections.

My "Train the Trainer" project came together really nicely and consequently, I was tapped to create the whole Pandemic Influenza presentation. I'm trying now to cut down the 200 PowerPoint slides to a reasonable number...death by PowerPoint is just not acceptable. Certainly, not the most exciting of tasks, but I'd like to have it done before tomorrow.

My whole day will be shot in different meetings. One day I really will disavow all knowledge of the rare and mysterious gift called typing...but until then...it's nice to feel like one part of my life is normal.

Ok, so for something fun...here's something I am totally digging right now: Shano has a new product and these are awesome!!! I love 'em!!

Ok, back to work I go. Hope the hangovers aren't too bad today.