Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A Little More Information

Image hosting by Photobucket
I talked to g-ma the other night. She is doing alright all things considered. She is tired and and her spirits are really low; but she is trying. I told her I was coming to see her and I even had dates for her...she sobbed. Then we talked about life. She is ready for me to plan her next trip out here. This time it will be for six weeks or two months...if it were solely her choice it would be for six months; but that is beside the point right now.


She told me that g-pa had decided to take the medicine. He started last week and so far no major side effects. He's feeling ok and g-ma won't let him sit around to feel sorry for himself. She told him he has to keep moving around so that he isn't feeble when I get there. (He hates being called feeble...g-ma knows what buttons to push) ;-)

Anyway, after I talked to them, g-ma put my nieces on the phone...we giggled and talked about the day and planned a slumber party for the next time I come back to see them. They don't know that I will be there in less than two months. I promised to talk to their mommy to make the arrangements for the sleepover. As the oldest told me, "Audrey,mommy usually tells me 'no' but I think if you asked her, she probably might say it's ok. So you do the talking to mommy, k?"
At this point the little one chimes in with giggles, "we're going to have a slumber party with Audrey, and it'll be fun!"

I miss my girls. They used to live next door to me and I spent every single day with them. I took them just about everywhere I went. And now, well they are growing up so quickly and I feel like I'm missing it all. Ah well, I get to see them shortly. I am getting so excited about the prospect of seeing them all.

So, to recap: g-pa is doing alright and hopefully the meds will keep the cancer in check. G-ma is exhausted, but her spirits are lighter than they've been for a while. And my little ones totally rock!!